Sunday, September 11, 2011

My recent baking fun.

It has been a long time since I have been able to blog about my baking adventures, so I thought I would tell you about the ones I have taken pictures of.

My first one, I am extra excited about, because it is the first recipe that is 100% my own! I have baked quite a few quiches since we moved to New Zealand, and each time I find new ways to make it better, and in turn, it has turned into a recipe that I call my own. I am writing it down, and look out soon for a post on Carla's Quiche Recipe, where I will share it with you :) Here it is with my messy notes on the recipe.

This next one is an Oreo Peanut Butter Pie, which I found originally from Bakerella. She found the recipe from Pioneer Woman, and here is the story behind the pies. A blogger named Jennie lost her husband just over a month ago, and she asked for people to support her by making Peanut Butter Pies for Mikey, her husband, and give it to someone they love. So I made mine be Oreo Peanut Butter Pie for Matty.

Here is Jennies blog, if you are interested. It is sad, but good. www.injennieskitchen.com
Here is Bakerella's blog again www.bakerella.com
And here is the original recipe of the pie http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/06/another-pie/

This is an amazingly great pie, but very rich. Be careful but please make and enjoy. It's worth it! :)

Here's another fun one from Bakerella. I just cannot get enough of her blog, and these were just so fun to make! Go see the post.  http://www.bakerella.com/goodie-goodie/

Here's another recipe from Pioneer Woman. These were another huge hit for Matty, so be careful if you make these. Youll never get away from making them, but they are good and definitely worth it. My suggestion is to make them mini's, to make yourself feel better, because they are Muffins that taste like Donuts...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/07/muffins-that-taste-like-doughnuts/ 

The last picture I have are of Lemon Crisps. They are delish cookies with lemon juice, lemon zest and almonds in them. YUM. I had tons of fun making them with my friend Tiffany one Saturday. They were very good and they went fast. I will try to find the recipe online and show it to you, because I cant find it right now.

Just a side note, as we are staying at least until July next year, I will be looking into going to baking school here! Im very excited about it! If schooling here doesnt work out, I am going to look into some classes for cake decorating and look into schooling back home when we get there. I am really loving this new advenrure in life and cant wait to see what else God has in store for it :)

2 comments:

  1. OREA PEANUT BUTTER PIE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have eaten all of these from you except the Oreo Peanut Butter Pie. You are an amazing baker!

    ReplyDelete